Huawei today revealed a new smartphone named Huawei Mate S. It is a high end device with several Gesture based features, powerful specifications, amazing display and lots more. The phone will go on pre-order starting September 15th and will probably hit the market by end of this month. As per price, Huawei Mate S comes in two variants as per storage, i.e. 32GB and 64GB. The 32GB variant is priced at 649 Euros that comes to approximately $730 or Rs. 48,270/- While the 64GB will be available at 699 Euros, i.e. $787 or Rs. 51,940/- There will be a separate Force Touch variant as well about which we don’t have much information as of now, but we’ll update you with the same very soon.
Coming to the device, it is a Hybrid Dual SIM smartphone running Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Emotion UI 3.1 on top of it. It features a Full HD 5.5 inch AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 offering 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. As said, a variant will also come with Force Touch technology. Huawei Mate S is powered up with 3GB of RAM, Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 935 processor (4xA53 2.2GHz + 4xA53 1.5GHz) and Mali-T628 MP4 GPU making it good enough for multitasking and Gaming.
As per storage, apart from 32GB / 4GB internal storage, the new Mate S also supports MicroSD upto 128GB. It supports 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE and GPS. The phone also brings a 13 Megapixel primary shooter with dual-tone LED flash and OIS allowing you to capture amazing pictures. There is also an 8 Megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash. Huawei is running the phone on 2,700mAh battery.
Huawei Mate S specifications:
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Emotion UI 3.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 5.5 inch AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Optional Force Touch
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 935 processor (4xA53 2.2GHz + 4xA53 1.5GHz)
- 3GB of RAM
- Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 32GB / 64GB internal memory, expandable upto 128GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and OIS
- 8 Megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE and GPS
- 2,700mAh battery