Apple announced iOS 9 back in July and thereafter they released upto Beta 4. Today Apple launched the Final version of iOS 9 for range of devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
iOS 9 is now rolling out on the compatible devices that includes iPhone 4S till the latest iPhones. For iPads, iOS 9 is compatible with all iPad Mini & iPad 2 and newer models. For iPod users, they must have 5th and 6th iPod Touch models to use iOS 9. Being the latest and huge update, iOS 9 surely brings a whole new set of features.
With this new iOS 9, we get all new side by side Multitasking Split View feature, an improved Siri, new News App, improved spotlight search, and lots more. Let’s have a look at its complete features list:
New features in iOS 9:
- Proactive assistance presents relevant information even before you start typing, notifies you when you need to leave for appointments using traffic conditions and more
- Siri improvements: Search your personal photos and videos based on dates, locations and album names, Ask Siri to remind you about things you’re looking at in your apps, including Safari, Mail, Notes and Messages, Request directions via public transit
- Spotlight search improvements: Get sports scores, weather conditions and stock prices, Simple math calculations and conversions, Initiate messages, phone calls and FaceTime calls from contact search results
- Longer battery life: Up to one hour of additional time before you need to charge your battery, Facedown detection for turning display off when not in use, Low power mode optimizes device performance to extend battery by up to an additional three hours
- Software updates require less space to download and offer an option to install later
- iOS apps and user interface now use Metal to deliver faster scrolling, smoother animation, and better overall performance
- Improved security with two-factor authentication support and a default 6 digit passcode support for Touch ID devices
New features for iPad in iOS 9:
- Slide Over: Quickly use a second app without leaving the one you’re in, Easily switch between Slide Over apps, Support for Apple apps and enabled third party apps
- Split View: View and interact with two apps at once, Ability to resize your view to give equal attention to both apps or prioritize one app over another, Support for Apple apps and enabled third party apps
- Picture in picture: Continue watching a video while using your favorite apps, Support for Safari video, FaceTime, Videos and Podcasts and enabled third party apps
- QuickType improvements: Multi-Touch gestures for easier text selection on iPad, Quick access to text editing tools with Shortcut Bar on iPad, Support for hardware keyboard shortcuts, Support for all Unicode emoji flags