Microsoft today officially announced the new Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 Dual SIM smartphones at scheduled launch event at New York, after being in rumors for so long. Both these variants will go on sale from November in White and Black color options starting at $549, that is approximately Rs. 35,800/- Microsoft also unveiled a superior one, Lumia 950 XL priced at $649.
Measuring 145 x 73.2 x 8.25 mm with 150g weight, Lumia 950 looks very stylish with its packaging. It is the first smartphone to launch with latest Windows 10 for Phone operating system. Coming to specifications, this is a beats powered up with Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 processor accompanied by 3GB RAM and Adreno 418 GPU. Such great processing power along with smoother Windows 10 OS will surely allow you enjoy fasted performance and multitasking along with great gaming experience on Lumia 950 / Dual SIM. Remember, the Dual SIM variant supports both Nano sim cards.
The phone features a 5.2 inch QHD AMOLED ClearBlack display at offering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution at 564 PPI density. The screen is further protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 or longer and better durability. Lumia 950 comes with built-in 32GB internal storage memory and supports upto 200GB microSD card. As per connectivity, it supports 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB Type-C 3.1.
With the new Lumia 950, Microsoft brings us 20 Megapixel PureView camera at rear facing having Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.9 aperture and triple RGB flash. Using this camera we can record Ultra HD 4K videos. There is also a 5 Megapixel front facing shooter with f/2.4 aperture and wide-angle lens that will also attract the Selfie fans to Lumia devices. The front camera is capable of recording 1080p videos. All these juice in Lumia 950 comes from a 3000mAh removable battery with fast charging technology that charges the device upto 50% in mere time of just 30 minutes. It also supports Qi wireless charging with flip cover.
In order to deal with heat issues, Microsoft has also integrated liquid cooling technology in this phone that will keep the phone cool. As we saw in earlier videos about Windows 10 Continuum, Lumia 950 can be used as PC (PC like experience) by docking it in ‘Microsoft Display Dock’ that allows you to use the phone with external monitor, keyboard as well as mouse.
Microsoft Lumia 950 Specifications:
- Windows 10 for Phone operating system
- Dual Nano SIM (only in Dual SIM variant)
- 5.2 inch QHD AMOLED ClearBlack display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution at 564 PPI density
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- Adreno 418 GPU
- 32GB internal memory, expandable upto 200GB using microSD card
- 20 Megapixel PureView camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.9 aperture and triple RGB flash
- 4K video recording
- 5 Megapixel front facing camera with f/2.4 aperture and wide-angle lens
- 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB Type-C 3.1
- 3000mAh removable battery with fast charging and Qi wireless charging support with flip cover
(Also Check: Lumia 950 Dual SIM and 950 XL Dual SIM Launched in India)