Motorola today revealed a new smartphone called ‘Moto X Force‘. It also comes with the same Shatterproof Display as we saw on Motorola DROID Turbo 2 that launched just couple of days ago. As of now no details about its pricing revealed but Motorola will start selling the phone starting November in Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions. It comes with Moto Maker customization option to design the phone as per our choice.
Talking about the phone, Moto X Force just not has the Turbo 2 like unbreakable Shatterproof Display, in fact it is the Global variant of Droid Turbo 2 with exactly the same specifications. Just like Motorola launched DROID Maxx 2 as the US variant of Moto X Play.
Except the name, Moto X Force has the same 5.4 inch Quad HD AMOLED display protected with Moto Shattershield and offers 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution with 540 ppi. It is powered with 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and Adreno 430 GPU. It comes out of the box running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS and soon will be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Just like Droid Turbo 2, Moto X Force comes in two variants for storage, i.e. 32 and 64GB internal storage and supports up to 2TB expandable memory using microSD card. We also get the 21 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and f/2.0 aperture capable to record upto 4K Ultra HD video recording. While the front facing has a 5 Selfie shooter with 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and 1.4um pixel. Lets check the complete specifications list.
Motorola Moto X Force Specifications:
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS, Upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 5.4 inch Quad HD AMOLED display with Moto Shattershield
- 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution at 540 ppi pixel density
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 32GB and 64GB internal storage memory
- Expandable up to 2TB using microSD card
- 21 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 4K video recording
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and 1.4um pixel
- 4G LTE / 3G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS and NFC
- 3760mAh battery with Turbo charging, PMA and Qi wireless charging. Battery backup upto 2 days.
Here is the company’s COO and President Rick Osterloh showing drop test for unbreakable display. Have a look: