Micromax today launched their new Flagship smartphone, called Micromax Canvas 5 at the scheduled launch event. The phone will immediately go on sale starting from today at the price of Rs. 11,999/- in two color options, i.e. Space Grey and Tan Brown colors. Furthermore, Airtel users will receive double 4G data offer for 3 months with this purchase. For the first time, Micromax has also tied with Bajaj Finance where users can take away the phone in 12 easy installments.
Talking about the phone, Micromax Canvas 5 is great in design as well as in specifications at such price range. Surrounded with metal frame and leather-like rear panel, it features a 5.2 inch IPS full lamination display offering 1920 x 1080 pixels at 424 ppi pixel density and 450 nits brightness. It is a 2.5D arc glass protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for better and longer durability. The phone is running on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and will soon be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow update. The software brings in some special features such as Video Pop-Out and Smart Wake Gestures. It is a Dual SIM phone supporting 4G + 2G sim cards.
Micromax has powered Canvas 5 with 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor accompanied by huge 3GB of RAM and 450MHz Mali-T720 GPU. You can experience smoother multitasking as well as great HD gaming experience at such processing power. As per storage, we get 16GB built-in memory and can be expanded up to 64GB using microSD card. As per connectivity, Canvas 5 supports 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
The phone also take care of photography fans with its 13 Megapixel primary having LED Flash, Samsung 3M2 sensor and PDAF. At the front facing we get a 5 Megapixel Selfie shooter with Flash of its own. Micromax is running Canvas 5 at 2900mAh battery that comes with Content Adaptive Backlight Control to manage battery life. It is said to be offering up to 10 hours of talk time and 275 hours of standby time.
Micromax Canvas 5 E481 Specifications:
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS, Upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual micro (4G + 2G) SIM
- 5.2 inch IPS full lamination display with 2.5D arc glass protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution at 424 PPI and 450 nits brightness
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor
- 3GB DDR3 RAM
- 450MHz Mali-T720 GPU
- 16GB internal storage memory, expandable up to 64GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, Samsung 3M2 sensor and PDAF
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with Flash
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2900mAh battery offering up to 10h of talk time and 275h of standby