Today at CES 2016, Samsung introduced a new palm sized external SSD drive called ‘Samsung T3’. It is compact, portable and attractive in design with metal casing but still weighs just 51 grams and measures 74 x 58 x 10.5 mm.
Samsung T3 has a USB 3.1 Type C port and comes in different storage capacity, including 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB. It offers up to 450MB/s read and write speeds. The SSD supports Windows and MacOS computers/laptops as well as Android smartphones tablets.
As of now there is no information about its pricing or roll out, but Samsung said the T3 will come with 3 years warranty. We will keep you updated with its pricing and release.
Samsung T3 Specifications:
- 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB capacity
- Transfer Speed up to 450MB/sec
- Compatible with USB 3.1 and USB 2.0
- UASP Mode
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Shock resistant metal casing
- Supports Windows 7 or later, MacOS 10.7 or later, Android 4.4 KitKat and later
- Limited 3-year warranty