After being in rumor for a month, finally today Xiaomi officially launched the ‘Redmi 3‘ as scheduled. The phone seems really good in design. It will go on sale from tomorrow itself in China at the price of 699 Yuan, i.e. Rs. 7,150 / $107 approximately. Users get four different color choices including Dark Grey, Silver, Gold and Classic Gold. As of now there is no announcement made about its global roll out but we will keep you updated with the same.
Coming to the design part, Xiaomi Redmi 3 looks premium. Its rear facing is made up of 4166 stars which is further arranged in diamond pattern that shines if the light hits it. Measuring 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm, it weighs 144g. Coming to the further specifications, the phone comes out of the box running Android Lollipop based MIUI 7. It has Hybrid Dual SIM supporting micro + nano sim cards, or we can also use the second slot for microSD card. At the front it features a 5 inch HD IPS display offering 1280 x 720 pixels resolution.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 is powered with Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor accompanied by 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and Adreno 405 GPU making the phone really good in performance as well as multitasking. It carries 16GB internal storage memory and supports up to 128GB microSD card for expansion. As per connectivity, it supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS + GLONASS.
For the photography fans, Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports a 13 Megapixel primary camera with PDAF, LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture supporting up to 1080p video recording along with amazing vibrant pictures. There is also a 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture for Selfie fans using which they can also record 1080p videos.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Specifications:
- Android Lollipop based MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 5 inch HD IPS display
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 16GB internal storage memory, Expandable up to 128GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery