Back in September last year, Meizu launched PRO 5 with Android OS which was pretty powerful in specifications. Today they launched yet another variant of the phone called ‘Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition’. This too seems impressive in specifications. The phone will be available for pre-order by the end of this month at Meizu’s official website but the price is still unknown.
Talking about the phone,the new Ubuntu Edition of Meizu PRO 5 comes with a 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection. It offers 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 88-degree viewing angle and 10000:1 contrast ratio. You are surely gonna love watching movies or playing game on such display. As said, the phone comes out of the box with Ubuntu OS and is powered with Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor. It is further coupled up with 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and Mali T760 GPU from which not only you get performance but also smoother multitasking and gaming experience.
Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition comes with Hybrid Dual SIM support and also has Fingerprint sensor for better security. It has internal 32GB storage memory with support of external microSD card. As per connectivity, the phone seems quite good supporting 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB 3.0 Type-C. The phone is packed with 3050mAh battery.
Coming to the camera department, the Ubuntu Edition Pro 5 seems as good as rest of the specifications. It has a huge 21.6 Megapixel primary shooter with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses and f/2.2 aperture that not only lets you capture your favorite moments in amazing pictures but also allows you to record them in Ultra HD 4K video resolution. For Selfie fans, it carries a 5 Megapixel camera with OV5670 sensor and f/2.0 aperture.
Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition Specifications:
- Ubuntu OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM Support
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.7 inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, 88-degree viewing angle, 10000:1 contrast ratio
- Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Samsung Exynos 7420 processor
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Mali T760 GPU
- 32GB internal storage memory, Expandable further using microSD card
- 21.6 Megapixel rear camera with dual tone LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, PDAF, Sony IMX230 Exmor RS BSI sensor, 6P lenses, f/2.2 aperture
- 4K video recording
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with OV5670 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G LTE (TD-LTE / LTE-FDD) / 3G HSPA+ , WiFi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS and USB 3.0 Type-C
- 3050mAh battery