Motorola has announced the new ‘Moto Z‘ powerful smartphone that comes with the company’s new Modular ‘Moto Mods’ accessories which can turn the phone in more than a smartphone, in a Snap. We have seen such accessories earlier with LG G5 called LG Friends. Using the new Moto Mods, you can make your Moto Z a 70-inch projector, or make a Boombox using JBL SoundBoost speaker, or even making it a battery powerhouse using ncipio offGRID Power Packs. The phone has also got a number of back shells to change your style every day. Watch this video to understand what exactly these Moto Mods do and how they work.
The price of Motorola Moto Z is yet to be announced but it will be available around the world starting in September. The phone will be available in US via Verizon with the name of Moto Z Droid from the same month. The Moto Mods will be sold separately.
Talking about the phone, Moto Z is very similar to Moto Z Force in specifications, the difference between the phones are in battery capacity, Camera and the Shatterproof display. Rest all specifications remains the same. Motorola Moto Z features the same 5.5 inch Quad HD (2K) AMOLED display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass offering 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution with 535 ppi pixel density. It is just not the Shatterproof screen like Z Force. The phone also has a Fingerprint sensor with the Home button at front for better security of the device and data.
It is running on latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS and powered up with the same 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and Adreno 530 GPU making the phone a beast in performance and multitasking. We get the phone in 32GB and 64GB internal storage variants with support of up to 2TB microSD card for expansion. It also comes with Water repellent nano-coating meaning you can use the phone in rain without any worries.
As per photography, Moto Z sports a 13 Megapixel rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, 1.12um pixel and f/1.8 aperture, which is 21MP in Moto Z Force. While the front camera remains same with 5 Megapixel having f/2.2 aperture and Wide-Angle lens for Selfie fans. It supports 4G LTE (Cat 9) / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO and NFC. Motorola is running the phone on 2600mAh battery with Turbo charging that can offer up to 8 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes of charging.
Moto Z Specifications:
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.5 inch Quad HD (2K) AMOLED display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution with 535 ppi pixel density
- 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 32GB and 64GB internal storage memory, Expandable up to 2TB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, Laser Autofocus, 1.12um pixel and f/1.8 aperture
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture and Wide-Angle lens
- Water repellent nano-coating
- 4G LTE (Cat 9) / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO and NFC
- 2600mAh battery with Turbo charging