Earlier in January Xiaomi launched ‘Redmi 3‘ and today they launched its successor with upgraded hardware, called ‘Xiaomi Redmi 3s‘. Comparatively Redmi 3S is superior in Processor, RAM, Storage and Fingerprint addition, while rest of the specifications remains same as the original one. Users can buy Redmi 3s starting from June 16th in China at the price of 699 yuan, i.e. $105 or Rs. 7100 approximately for the 2GB RAM variant, and 899 yuan that is $135 / Rs. 9150 approximately for the 3GB RAM variant. The phone will be available in 3 color choices including Silver, Gold and Dark Grey.
Weighing just 144 grams with 8.5mm full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, the new Xiaomi Redmi 3s is running on the same MIUI 7 and supports Hybrid Dual SIM slots. The Fingerprint sensor placed at rear adds extra security to the device. It sports a 5 inch HD IPS display offering 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. Xiaomi has powered Redmi 3s with Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core (4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor along with Adreno 505 GPU. As per RAM and storage, the phone comes in two variants, that includes a 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage and 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with (eMMC5.1) 32GB internal storage variant. Both these can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
In the camera department, the phone has the same 13 Megapixel camera as we saw earlier in Redmi 3 with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and PDAF that focuses the image in just 0.1 seconds. The camera is capable to record up to Full HD 1080p video recording. On the front facing we get a 5 Megapixel Selfie shooter with f/2.2 aperture. As per connectivity, it supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS + GLONASS. Xiaomi has backed up the phone with 4100mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Specifications:
- Android based MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM Slots
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 5 inch HD IPS display
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core (4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage memory
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with (eMMC5.1) 32GB internal storage memory
- Expandable up to 128GB using microSD card
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 5 Megapixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Full HD 1080p video recording with both cameras
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery