Hey everyone, I’ve got something exciting this time for you all. The King is back ‘NOKIA’. With its old Goodwill and still that strong brand name, Nokia has launched another smartphone that’s quite a strong mid-to-high-range competitor for every other brand. Keep your imagination window open while I explain you this piece of mastery. First, let’s take a quick look at its complete specifications:
Nokia 8 Specifications:
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS, Upgradable to Android Oreo
- Hybrid Dual SIM support
- Fingerprint sensor and Barometer
- Splashproof (IP54)
- 5.3 inch Quad HD LCD display at 554ppi pixel density and sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution with 700 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage memory, Expandable up to 256GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder and dual tone flash
- 13 Megapixel front-facing camera with Auto focus, ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture and 78.4˚ lens
- 3 microphones, Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 and NFC
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
So here we welcome Nokia 8. The phones feels premium and worth to its price and the all-metal build quality shouts NOKIA loud and clear. The front of the phone has a 13-magepixel camera sensors, earpiece that doubles as a speaker too. The display here is 5.3 inch quad HD IPS LCD display, which gives you pixel density of around 555 ppi, not that’s really sharp!! The display is bright and the viewing angles seems excellent too. At the bottom we’ve got capacitive back and recent app keys which are backlight too. The home key in the center also acts as fingerprint scanner which is quite snappy.
On the software front the Nokia 8 runs on an almost stock build of Android 7 nougat. HMD Global promises fast security patches and updates and been delivering these promises so far. Given that this is Nougat, Nokia 8 gets new features like split screen and click switch which lets you jump between the last app you used and the current app you using.
Coming to the sides of the device, there is a 3.5mm headphone jack present on the top, power and volume key is to the right, the USB type-C port with primary microphone and speaker is at the bottom. And to the left we’ve got a hybrid sim tray. This phone is built out of series 6000 aluminum. The front is covered by 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla glass. At 160 gram the phone is very light.
Moving to the back we’ve got a secondary noise cancelling microphone which works really great. A set of Dual 13-Megapixel cameras with Zeiss optical lens and a laser assist for autofocus that’s followed by a dual tone dual-LED flash. The camera app has many bells-n-whistles to it. You can shoot color monochrome with both camera to better low-light images.
Nokia is here with a new feather to its camera ‘the Effect Effect’. This uses both front and rear came simultaneously, you can uses this feature with your Facebook and YouTube accounts, you can live stream using both cameras at once. Surprisingly you can shoot 4k videos from both front and rear cameras. The dual cameras at the back has dual monochrome RGB sensors and friend camera all sports Zeiss optics. The rear camera has support for both laser and phase detection autofocus. The aperture is f/2.2 and there is support for optical image stabilization.
This solid built is backed up by solid internals. The Nokia 8 is powered by flagship Snapdragon 835 chip, the same that powers the likes of the OnePlus 5, Mi Mix 2 and the LG V30 and the new Google Pixels. HMD Global has gone ahead of its competition and included a full length copper cooling pipe with graphite shield to help with heat dissipation to keep things cool even when the action gets intense. It is also worth mentioning that there are two RAM storage options available for 64GB and 128 GB both with 6GB of RAM. All these is backed up by a 3090mAH battery. If you import from Taiwan you get a protective hard case in the box.
The Nokia 8 is available on Amazon, in two colors i.e. Tempered blue and Polished blue for 36,999/-