Need For Speed: Rivals is the new racing game offering you more competitive racing tracks. This new edition might remind you the last two edition of the game. The first one is Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted. The graphics are amazing and realistic. The game is super fast offering you cool output and enhanced performance. But every game has some bugs and issue. and this appears to some users. So here I am giving you a full size guide which has ample of detailed information which will give you complete details about fixing those problem. The game is built on the new Frostbit 3 Engine. This new game is built on many new awards and new twist. You can win up many races and get popular in the game.
We are going to discuss troubleshooting errors on the game. It is commonly observed that on PC some people might be getting a display or sound bug. To fix that I am going to mention the most basic steps that anyone can do. From time to time the game developer companies releases fresh patches which fix the game output by offering more performance and stability. But there is something we can fix on our own. So here most of the troubleshooting tips below are based on Windows platform.
Before moving ahead one of the most important thing that many people ignore is checking the system requirements. Every game has its own minimum and maximum system requirements. Before buying or downloading new game you much match this and then move ahead.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Vista 32-Bit with Service Pack 2
- CPU: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHz or higher; Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or higher
- Memory: 4 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 3870 or higher; NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or higher
- DirectX: DirectX 10
- HDD Space: 30GB
Recommended System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit
- CPU: AMD Six-Core CPU; Intel Quad-Core CPU
- Memory: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7870 or higher; NVIDIA GeForce GT 660 or higher
- DirectX: DirectX 11
- HDD Space: 30GB
Need For Speed: Rivals Unable to Install:
This is one of the most basic issues that many are commonly facing after installing the game for the first time. I had gone with the same issue with many games. The issue can be common for both low and high end systems. So here are some workaround that would resolve the matter:
- Check out the security application in your system. Like your antivirus or firewall. You will have to turn the same off at the time of running setup. Once the game is installed then you can turn them off.
- Norton Antivirus Security is one of the most popular antiviruses. This security tool is considered as the major issue behind much setup crash. So if you have a Norton product then turns it off. It might detect game setup file as virus.
- Sometime when you buy a game the DVD is not proper. It can be damage or have scratches on them. You have to use a cleaning solution with soft cloth and then try back. There are many cheap cleaning solutions available.
- If you are running the setup after downloading it, like an iso file of the entire game, then you have to verify the file integrity. The download might have corrupted. You have to re-download the file back again.
- After getting any installation error, before starting you have to wipe all remaining files from the pc. When the setup starts, the installation crates a game folder inside Program File. You will have to manually delete the folder and then you can move ahead with setup.
Need For Speed: Rivals Installation Error and Solutions:
Error: “Cannot Install Need For Speed: Rivals ”
It is a common error which also appears at the time of installing any new application or game. This type of error have common reason and very easy to troubleshoot. The most common issue is associated with system requirements. You have to check that it must be proper. Later on you will have to move ahead with driver update and also install the latest version of Direct X on your system. All these things are easily available on web for download. You can download the latest version of Direct X from here.
Error: “The Application failed to initialize properly”
To get rid of this error you have to install Microsoft Visual Runtime Libraries in your system. This is a free download that you can find form web and add it in your system. It is a very tiny download. The size is around 5MB.
Error: “Need For Speed: Rivals I PC Install Fails, Cannot Install”
This type of errors is associated with Microsoft C++ update. It is actually a bug which commonly appears for different software’s also. Here you will have to re-install it get rid of this issue. For that go in Start Menu and click on Control Panel Click on Uninstall Programs > Add and Remove Programs > and uninstall C++. Remove all the instances of C++ from that and restart your pc. Then download the latest version and go ahead with game setup.
If there any other error that you are facing you can post that here and I will try to find solution for the same.
Need For Speed: Rivals Wont load Won’t Start or Crashes on launch:
This is the first error which many faces after installing the game. Here setup is the not issue, but the problem lies with game launch. This is very common for high end graphical games. I am going t list some fixes which would help:
1: Go ahead and update the latest gpu drivers of your system. You can find the same on the official site of your gpu manufacturer. Download the latest drivers and then try to prelaunch the game. It is always better to remove the older one. So that there must be no issue with crashing. Then add the new one. You have to locate the drivers on the basis of your gpu model. You can go on the below url to find one.
2: The second reason for this kind of crash is Direct X. It is very important for every game. If your system has an old or corrupt version then game will not work. Some application also depends on it. So you have to add it back. It is free and available on Microsoft site for download. Once a new version is installed in your system you will not face any startup issues.
3: Remember that this game is not supported on Windows XP. You have to play it on Windows Vista or Windows 7. Sometime the game face issue due to User Account control. This is a kind of security service which blocks unwanted application launch. So you can turn this thing off and then start the game once again. You can turn it on back when required. But for the time being just shut it off.
- In the Start Search box type UAC.
- Click on it and you will see UAC window.
- You have to move the slider own to disable that. And then try launching the game back.
4: There is one more way to launch the game other than clicking on the shortcut icon on the Desktop. for that you will have to go in the installation folder of the game. This is C drive inside Program File folder. There you have to find the folder of Need For Speed: Rivals and in that you can find the .exe file. Right click on that and choose compatibility. In that you have to choose Disable Desktop composition and try back.
Need For Speed: Rivals Crash To Desktop (CTD) during Game play:
The above all issue were associated with the startup thing. Now we can go ahead with fixing more other problem that will hamper your game play. The most common is CTD. A sudden game crash.
- Sometime unwanted background process are the cause of this. You have to turn them off and then try back. You can find the list of all process sin Task Manager. Just hit Ctrl + Alt + Del from the keyboard and go in Processes. From the list terminated all unwanted processes.
- Another best way to fix the issue is turning off all unwanted programs which are loaded on the startup. You have to configure your startup for the same. Click on Start Menu and in the Search box below type msconfig. The other way of accessing the same is pressing Start + R from keyboard that will launch the Run box. Type msconfig in that. You have to go on the Startup Section and in that click on Hide Microsoft service and then click on Disable All. That’s all restart and try back.
- Before starting the game for time being turn of the antivirus. Sometime the security application can result in crash.
- The last thing you have to do is enable a single gpu core from your Graphic Card Control Panel which is in the system tray. You have to enable a single core and then try back.
- For Nvidia go in Manage 3D settings and enable Threaded Optimization. This will add more stability in the game.
- And if you are having AMD then you have to go in Catalyst Control Center (CCC) for the same.
Need For Speed: Rivals Black Screen Problem:
Black Screen appears after the game launch. The game might start well but you will get a black screen and only audio in the background. This issue appears commonly due to outdated graphic drivers. You will have to update that. Sometime the antivirus blocks the launch or any associated service require by the game causing the issue.
- To fix the black screen begin with updating graphic drivers. You can find that on the official website of gpu.
- The issue can also be resolved by reducing the graphic settings of the game. You can go in the game video settings and turn of Vysnc, anti-aliasing, filtering etc. Lower down the settings and then try back.
- Sometime security application is common cause of the black screen. So turning them off is proper at the time of playing games.
- If you are trying to play the game online or through Steam then turn of Firewall. Because this can block the incoming and outgoing connection.
- For cleaning up the ram launch Task Manager and kill all the background services. Leave only important one. This will boost the system output.
- Till now if you try all this above thing the Black screen issue will be resolved. But if nothing works then the last thing you have to do is to run a clean setup of the game back again. You will also have to manually delete the game directory to avoid any installation errors.
Need For Speed: Rivals Lagging, Freezing and Low FPS Problems:
This is all performance related issues. Here you light face a low fps issue or at the time of playing the game it might freeze or lag. This makes the game very annoying and you cannot do much in the same. So here the first thing is recommended that you must have a decent hardware to run the game. You can checkout below maximum system requirement the amount of hardware this game need to run properly. But those who are trying to play the game on their existing rig can go ahead with my solutions below to boost the output.
- You can begin with cleaning all the background process. Look out all the programs and apps which are loaded on the ram. You can find that through Task Manager > Process. In that you can see the list of active services. Terminate which is not needed. This will free up some ram and boost the output.
- Go in the Graphic Card Control Panel and turn of Vsync and Ant aliasing. This will further enhance the game output offering you better game play.
- In the same Graphic Card Control Panel you can find some more settings which will fix out the issue. You have to run of Triple buffering. This is an advance thing use by multiple gpu for better output. Also you have to disable V-sync using the D3DOverrider software. After stopping this you will find a major change in the graphic output. It will really boost the fps.
- After doing all this things I am sure you will get a good gaming output. The game play will be far better what you were facing before. So here you have to follow some of my instructions to get a good gaming output. Most of the freezing and lagging issue appear due to online gaming. Those who are playing the games on Steam. Here you have to ensure that you are having a high end internet bandwidth. If you have a poor internet speed then this issue will be common.
Need For Speed: Rivals No Sound or Sound Stuttering:
- Sound issue is very rare. It does not appear every now and them. But sometime at the time of playing games you might find disturbance in the game. You have to adjust this sound settings for that.
- The best way to fix the issue is updating the sound drivers. On the basis of your motherboard specification you can download the latest audio drivers and install the same on your system. You can find the new drivers on the official motherboard site.
- Second thing you have to do is download the latest version of Direct X. You can find the same from the official site of Microsoft.
- One thing you have to do to fix the issue is reducing Sound Acceleration. You can find the same in the audio settings of DXDiag. Press Windows + R from keyboard and in the run box type dxdiag. Hit enter. In the upcoming screen go under the Sound Tab. You have to choose Reduce Sound Acceleration.
- But if the problem still remains the same then go in the Hardware Sound section inside control Panel and in that click on Sound. Then click on Communication and choose Do Nothing. That’s all.
Need For Speed: Rivals Unable to Save Game on Steam:
This is a common issue where you might be playing all day and at the end you came to know that the save game fails. So here is the fix for it:
- Exist the game first.
- Restart your pc.
- Then launch steam and in that you will have to validate the game file. Login to the steam account for that.
- Then go in the library section and in that choose Need for Speed Rivals.
- Right click on the game and then click on Properties.
- Once you are done with the same you have to click on Local Files. Click on Verify Integrity of game cache button.
Now again try to save the game and then test back. This will resolve the game crashing issue which you are facing on your system.
I found my Problem , also had the problem with Black screen and stuttering sound and could only open in game in window mode. Tried everything on the internet. the only Solution I had was to use my girlfriend’s screen. I have a 40″ Samsung 3D screen , swopping it with the 24″ Samsung computer screen was the only Solution. I would like a fix for that , to somehow bypass this issue.
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX 8150
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7970 Ghz Edition
I have a problem in the game. When I play the game it works at first and when it comes to the loading part after the intro video it stops working and i cant even switch it to windowed mode.