Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD has been a very fantastic game play for me. In fact I have played every game of this series. This game is really exciting full of challenges. I have already finished the game by playing it continuously since i got the copy. The game has been amazing but there have been various issues such as troubleshooting had to be done and also there were various errors in the game. Installation of the game took about more than 2 hours.
Also there were several other minor problems faced by me. So I thought that many of the users might be facing the same problem like me so i decided to provide you with the trouble shooting guide of the game you can play it with full enjoyment. The first thing you need to have for playing this game is the system requirements of this game. So let us know what you should have to run the game comfortably in your computer.
Minimum System requirements:
- Operating system: Windows vista 32
- CPU: Intel Core i3-2105 3.1GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or AMD Radeon HD 4870
- Direct X: DirectX 9
- HDD space: 3.5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB
Recommended System requirements:
- Operating system: Windows 7 64
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2400S 2.5GHz or AMD FX-4100
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 or AMD Radeon HD 7870
- Direct X: DirectX 9
- HDD space: 3.5 GB
- RAM: 4 GB
Note: If you are not meeting to these above mentioned requirements then this guide is of no use to you. If you meet the minimum system requirements then it would help you out within some time and if you have the recommended settings of the game then it would solve all your problems within a few minutes. Now let us cover the other problems that are faced by users.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD is unable to install:
This would be the first major problem that you will go through. Various solutions for it, are as follows:
- Many a times the security suite or Antivirus blocks the game’s installation. So you disable the antivirus in case your game is refusing to install and try again.
- Norton Security is the well known security suite that blocks the games installation as it recognizes setup of game as virus. Hence you get errors during installation.
- If security suite is not the reason then the dvd maybe corrupted. Try cleaning it properly.
- If you are install the game with setup file and it may not install because of corrupt file so you need to download it again.
Note:- before reinstalling the game delete all the install files and folders and then start with the process from the very beginning or it might hinder your installation process.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD not load, Won’t Start or Crashes on launch:
So now if the game does not start after installation it is very disturbing. Here are few fixes that helps to get rid of these problems:
- The very first thing you need to take care here is that you have the latest drivers installed. If the drivers are old and out dated then the game would not start. So you need to update the same:
- Another reason that will not allow the game to launch or to crash it on launch is DirectX. Download and install the latest version of DirectX. Sometimes it may not help it. So you uninstall the directx and start the installation again and then it might solve your problem.
- As the game is not supported on XP, you would be playing it either on Vista or Windows 7. Hence it could be User Account Control (UAC) as well blocking the launch. To stop this thing you need to unblock it. In order to disable UAC, follow these simple steps:
- Just click on Start, Type UAC, Press Enter.
- In the opened window just pull the slider down click OK.
- Now restart the system and try launching the game.
- Instead of launching the game from Desktop shortcut icon, go to Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD installation folder under C:\Program Files, find Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD.exe, right click and go to properties. Now go to ‘Compatibility Mode’ tab and check mark the box for ‘Disable Desktop Composition.’ Now restart the game again.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD Black Screen Problem:
Black Screen usually appears because of outdated graphic drivers or if any of its file is getting blocked by Antivirus. If you cannot go on with anything. Do the following:
- Firstly, update graphic cards driver and motherboard drivers (if you haven’t not updated yet)
- To free up the resource and to make sure no other applications is conflicting with the game, open Task manager > Process Tab and kill all unwanted process running in the background
- Go to game’s settings and disable VSync, anti-aliasing and filtering as well as multi-sampling to make it at lower settings. As your system is not enough to run the game on High settings.
- Disable your Antivirus or any other security suite.
- In case you are playing the game on Steam and getting Black Screen, make sure you also disable Firewall or allow the game through it.
- The black screen should be fixed as of now, in case it is still appearing then you will need to do full re-installation of game by deleting previously installed files and folders of the game.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD Crash To Desktop (CTD) during Gameplay:
Now after curing the starting up of the game problem, there may be crashes and errors in between the game play. Here are some ways to fix it:
- Many times unwanted files running in the back may create a problem. So you kill all unwanted processes. You can do this by going to Task Manager > Processes Tab.
- Also disable the unwanted startup programs by going to System Configuration. To do this type ‘MSCONFIG’ in Run Box (Win+R keys) followed by Enter. Go to Startup Tab and either select one by one if you have knowledge about which apps are not required or simply click Disable All button and Apply. Now restart the game or better restart the PC and then play.
- If you are using Nvidia Card then click Manage 3d settings and enable ‘Threaded Optimization’ from the nVidia Control Panel.
- If you are having ATI or AMD Card then you will need to uninstall Catalyst Control Center (CCC) and start the game again.
- Disable your Antivirus before launching the game, disable it in the beginning only to avoid any further problems.
- If still the game crashes to desktop during gameplay, then exit the game, open up your Graphic Card Control Panel and disable any one of the 2 GPUs. It would help you go on with the game smoothly.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD No Sound or Sound Stuttering:
This is a very rare problems. In my gaming life I faced this issue just twice or thrice. Didn’t faced any problems as such with this game but still providing the fix so that if anyone of you come across, then get out of this problem:
- Main reason is not updating you sound and audio drivers. Update them firstly from the manufacturers site.
- Make sure your system is running latest DirectX. If you want you can download the same from above provided download url.
- If still you face problems then decrease Sound Acceleration. If you don’t know how to do it, then press Win+R key to bring up the Run Box. Type ‘dxdiag’ and press Enter. In the opened dialog box go to Sound Tab and Reduce Sound Acceleration.
- If stil your problem is not solved then go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Sound > Communications Tab. Here click ‘Do Nothing’ and Apply > Ok. After this you will not get any sound problems.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD Unable to Save Game on Steam:
If you are the one with this issue, here is the fix:
- Firstly, Exit the game.
- Restart your computer.
- Now run steam and validate your Game files.
- You can do this by login to your account
- Click on Library section.
- Now select Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD
- Right click and select Properties.
- Go to Local Files tab and click ‘Verify Integrity of game cache’ button.
Now it will run your game and save your game easily. If you are looking for save games then you can easily download it from here.
Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD Installation Error and Solutions:
Error: “Cannot Install Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD PC”
- This is normal message that is displayed and windows will not provide any proper reason so you need to meet your minimum setup requirements and install latest version of DirectX. Then delete all installed files and folders of game and start the setup from the beginning. You can download the latest version of DirectX from here.
Error: “The Application failed to initialize properly”
- If you are getting this error during installation, then there is a very simple fix. You just need to download and install “Microsoft Visual Runtime Libraries”. It is just about 5Mb in size and can be downloaded from here.
Error: “Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation HD PC Install Fails, Cannot Install”
- This error appears when they is error with Microsoft C++ . for this, you need to open control panel > Uninstall Programs > Add and Remove Programs > and uninstall C++. Note you may find just one or multiple instances of Microsoft C++ listed in your Add and Remove list. You need to delete all of them. Once done, download and install it again from the link provided above. Now reboot and start the game’s installation.
Note:- If you get any other error messages related to the game, please post here so that I can find out a proper solution for the same.