There is very rare chance for many devices to get the new Android Lollipop update because of hardware architecture. This new Android update comes with many new features. Smart Lock is one of them. With a small tweak you it is possible to have this feature on Android Kitkat 4.4 running devices as well. Smart lock feature is something better compared to pattern, pin or password. It is easy to use and also offer you good security options. It is fast and simple to configure. This feature is actually ported separately. It is by default not available in Android Kitkat OS. So you have to do the same manually. You have to install this separately. Here is how to do it.
- You have to download this tiny SmartLock APK app for the same. It has been developed by an XDA member and is now available on Google Play.
- To install this you have to turn on Unknown Sources from the settings panel. So that you can install third party apk files.
- Works very well on devices which are having ram higher than 512MB.
- Go in Settings and then tap on Security. In that look for Security. Tap on the same and look for unknown sources. Add a tick on the same.
- Install the download application.
- Once you are done with the same. Just launch the application.
- Here you will find main settings and from there you can just go ahead and you can do changes.
- There are many options on the same. You have to make it a Device Administrators.
The next step is to configure trusted environment so that you can make the required secure settings as per your need. You can set a master password so that no one will be able to make changes in your security settings. You can find that from the settings panel where you will see the trusted environment section. You will get a new lock screen.