How to manually install Android Jellybean 4.2 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830
Samsung Galaxy ACE S5830 is officially running on Gingerbread 2.3 Android OS. Now you will be happy to know that it is possible to install JellyBean 4.2 Firmware on the same. It can be done through a Custom ROM that is designed to give you Jelly Bean features and interface on Galaxy ACE S5830. The device right now is not getting any official update for JellyBean. So this process is the manual way of installation. That means you will need to root your device. I
If it is rooted then you can move ahead with the setup process, but if not then you have to follow the rooting process first and then you can move ahead with custom rom installation. You can find the complete rooting process here. But if you are unsure that your phone is rooted or not then you can find that by downloading a tiny app called as root checker.
Before going ahead with the setup I want to notify that JellyBean is more enhanced operating system compared to Gingerbread. It has additional benefits but on the same hand it can be bit heavy for this device. Due to hardware limitation f Galaxy Ace S5830 JellyBean is officially not provided. But with this Custom ROM you can simply enjoy all features instantly.
Following is a short list of pre-requirements before moving ahead with the update. It is essential that you must follow everything mentioned below to avoid any further problems.
- Download the JellyBean Custom ROM for Galaxy ACE S5830
- Keep the file somewhere on your desktop so that you can browse it instantly when needed.
- Backup your all data and format the External Storage.
- Ensure that your phone must have more than 40% battery left. Below that can be risky.
- Copy the downloaded Jelly Bean Custom ROM in the memory card.
- Now once your device is rooted you will need to boot your phone in recovery mode. You can use CWM for the same. Check here for more information CWM recovery here.
- Hold Volume Up + Power + Center Key for some time. In the recovery mode wipe out DATA Cache, Dalvik Cache.
- Select Install from SD Card and then choose the zip file. Wait back until the process is over.
- Once everything goes fine your phone will now boot in JellyBean. Customize your phone as you want.
That’s it. You are done.