Got Lenovo’s Vibe K5 and tired with its stock UI and limitations? Time to root your phone. Rooting removes the OS limitation and let’s you customize your phone the way you want. After Rooting you can also use so many apps and games that needs Root access to perform. But remember, Rooting avoids your device’s warranty and also makes the device vulnerable from security point of view. But simultaneously, there are so many advantages as well. So, if you agree with the Rooting Cons and Pros, follow the below steps and Root your Vive K5 and install TWRP Recovery.
- Backup your entire data from phone. Just in case, being on safer is always better.
- Charge up the phone to atleast 60%, it should not drain out during the process
- Download latest Lenovo USB Driver for Vibe K5 and install it on your computer.
- Download ADB Fastboot and keep it on your desktop.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Vibe K5 and keep it on your desktop too
- Download Minimal fast boot and install it on your computer
- And Finally, Download SuperSU file and copy it to your phone’s root folder in internal memory
Rooting and Installing Custom Reovery:
- Start by turning off your Vibe K5 to boot it into Bootloader mode.
- Once it is completely turned off Press and hold Volume down and Power key together until you see Bootloader screen.
- Now using the original USB cable, connect the phone with computer where all your files and drivers are installed.
- Now open the mfastboot folder on your PC and copy the downloaded twrp.img file in that
- In the same folder right click any black space holding the Right Shift key to bring up the context menu.
- From context menu click on ‘Open Command Window here’
- In the command window, type ‘fastboot flash recovery recovery.img’ and hit Enter.
- That’s it. In next few seconds, TWRP Recovery will be installed on your Lenovo Vibe K5
Now, its time for Rooting the phone. Let’s follow these few simple steps to do the same.
Rooting Vibe K5:
- Make sure SuperSu file is copied into your phone’s Root folder.
- Turn of your phone and boot it into TWRP Recovery Mode
- Tap ‘Install from SD’ from recovery screen, browse to the Root folder and select SuperSu file to install
- Once installed, select Reboot from the recovery main screen