Finally, the much awaited MIUI 7 Stable Global version is out for download as well as via OTA update. But since it is released today itself, you may need to wait for days or weeks to get it on your phone via OTA. Even if you get, you may face slow download speed because of heavy load on servers. Alternatively, you can simply download the MIUI 7 Global Stable Recovery ROM and flash it manually on your phone. Dont worry, this is exactly the same Firmware which is rolling out over OTA. Also this is the official process which can be done in minutes.
Remember, the update is available for Redmi 1S 3G, Note 4G, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Pad, Mi Note, Redmi 2 or Redmi 2 Prime only as of now. If you were looking out for how to install this update manually on any of these smartphones, here it is. Simply follow these few steps:
- For being on safer side, you must backup all your important data from the phone.
- Charge up the phone to 50% plus because the device should not get drained out during the process.
- Download the MIUI 7 Global Stable ROM for your phone model. Be sure about your phone model.
That’s it. Now we are good to go for installation.
Installing MIUI 7 Global Stable Build:
- Start by Copying the downloaded the ROM package in the root of your phone memory. Make sure to put it in the root for easy access.
- From App Drawer tap on ‘Updater’ app.
- In the top right corner, tap the 3 dot for more options.
- Here select ‘Choose Update Package’
- Browse to the root and select the ROM file which you copied earlier.
- Confirm to install and relax.
That’s it. Soon your Xiaomi Phone will be running MIUI 7. Before installing this ROM, make sure you are running Stable earlier MIUI roms. If you are running any developer version of ROM, than you will first need to wipe out the data completely and then install the MIUI 7 Stable version.
You can also try out Fastboot Mode for installing this ROM using Xiaomi PC Suite.