Xolo A500S is a 4inch display device that offers you a budget phone solution. It is falls in the produce line of entry level mobile phone. The phone comes with a nice 4inch TFT screen that offers you a standard WVGA (480 x 800) at 233ppi. It is ideal for day to day usage. It is powered by 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Mali-400MP GPU. It gives a composite performance for app usage and for basic gaming also. The device runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For camera it has a 5MP primary camera and a vga front camera for basic video chatting. It has a 512MB ram and 4GB internal storage. This device works really well with different apps. It is a budget phone.
Today I am going to show you the process of rooting this device. By rooting you get unlock the rom and get more extra benefits. Through rooting you have full access to rom which you can modify and install different custom rom. You can add mods and tweak the device battery performance also. Rooting is easy process but remember that it can avoid your phone warranty also. So you must go ahead on your own risk.
- Always backup your phone before rooting. Rooting sometime cause brick phone. You have to flash the rom back and that will wipe all the data. So backup all data.
- Charge your phone to maximum. Always move ahead when you are having a 100% charge in your phone.
- You have to update your device with latest Xolo A500S usb driver. Without that rooting will not work. So just download the drivers and install it on your windows pc.
- Go in Settings > Developer options and enables Usb Debugging.
- You must have atleast 100 mb of free space in your memory card.
- Download Framaroot Apk
- Just connect your device to your pc through original usb cable.
- Copy the framaroot Apk files in the device memory card.
- Disconnect the phone.
- Go in Settings > Security and tap on unknown sources. Or else you will get error while running that apk file.
- Now through the file manager you have to navigate to the folder where you had saved that apk file.
- Tap on it to launch.
- From the drop down menu choose SuperSU and then tap on Boromir.
- Rooting process will start. Wait back until it is over.