How to Install Oxygen OS 3.0.2 on OnePlus 2 Manually – Two Methods
OnePlus has officially released the new Oxygen OS 3.0.2 for OnePlus 2 which not only brings Android 6.0 Marshmallow to your phone but also some much needed new features. The update is rolled out via OTA (Over-the-Air) so you must have received it on your phone by now. In case for some reason, you didn’t got it yet or want to flash the new ROM manually on your OnePlus 2, then here are the two easiest methods for doing the same.
If you are running on Stock ROM without Rooting or unlocked Bootloader, OR even if you have rooted your OnePlus 2, we have posted both the methods using which you can flash Oxygen OS 3.0.2 on your phone. So, let’s start:
- You must Backup your entire phone before proceeding or Firmware flashing, just for being on the safer side.
- Make sure your have charged the phone upto 70%, it should not get drained out during the process.
- Download Oxygen OS 3.0.2 ROM package on your PC.
Installing Install Oxygen OS 3.0.2 on Non-Rooted OnePlus 2:
- Connect your phone to PC and copy the download Firmware Package to your the root of your phone.
- Disconnect the USB and turn off the device completely.
- Now press and hold ‘Volume Down + Power key’ for about 15 seconds to boot into Recovery mode.
- Use the volume rockers and select Wipe Data and Cache. This is only if you want clean installation. Or you can simply skip this step.
- From the Recovery menu, select language.
- Now tap on Install from Local.
- Browse to the Root, Select the copied firmware package and tap install.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the installation.
Once done, you are done.