We all know Xiaomi launched its next Redmi Note 7 in China earlier this month, and since India is their second biggest market for Redmi smartphones, people here are eager to know when they will launch the Note 7 series in India. Well, the good news is, with next 2 months. Yes, that’s correct. Xiaomi will launch Redmi Note 7 and other variants of the same such as Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi Go in India probably by the end of March 2019.
Since Xiaomi had launch of its Note series last in the month of February, according to some reports online, they will held the launch event for next Note Pro phone within the first quarter this year too, that brings it between February and March 2019. Another reason to expect the phones by March is not only for Xiaomi but for other brands too Indian market has become the center of attraction, even though the gradual global decline in the smartphone market.
Xiomi has its major consumers in Indian market because of its competitive handsets at prices that undercut most rivals. This report only puts a tentative timeline for the launch in India. We can expect the Redmi Note 7 series prices to remain competitive despite Xiaomi spinning off Redmi as an independent brand.
Now, talking about the phone, the new Redmi Note 7 is their first smartphone to sport a Dewdrop Notch. It comes with a 6.3-inch LCD display with a resolution of 2340×1080. Xiaomi seems to take pride in the fact that the display of this smartphone has bezels up to 0.8mm thick. The display has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and has maximum brightness of 450nits.
Furthermore, the Redmi Note 7 is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It is backed by a 4,000mAh battery and supports Quick Charge 4. It ships with a 10W charger; although for even quicker charging, Xiaomi is also separately selling an 18W charger. External connectivity options include USB Type-C and a 3.5mm jack.
It has double camera setup and promises good low light performance. The Redmi Note 7 is priced at 999 Yuan (about ₹ 10,000) for the 3GB/32GB variant, 1,199 Yuan (about ₹ 12,500) for 4GB/64GB variant and 1,399 Yuan (about ₹ 14,500) for the 6GB/64GB variant.
On the other hand, if we talk about Redmi Go, it is first of Redmi’s kind to come pre-loaded with Android-Go. The specifications for Android Go are not known currently, but it is known that they will be satisfactory as Android Go is designed for low-end phones with as little as 1GB of RAM.
Redmi Note 7 Specifications:
- Android (Pie) 9.0 with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 6.3-inch Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display, 2340 ×1080 pixels resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB and 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, Expandable memory up to 256GB using microSD
- 48 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, 0.8μm pixel size, PDAF and EIS, 5 Megapixel secondary camera
- 13 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK 98937 Smart PA
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 4
Let us know, what you think about this smartphone Redmi Note 7 in the comment section below. Hopefully we will soon get to see both Redmi Note 7 and Redmi Go in India.