Samsung finally appeared with the new Galaxy Tab 4 that brings out much better screen quality. This tablet comes in three different sizes. Each of them are having different model number. This time you get a different model with larger screen. The max size here is 10.1 inches with two more models that comes in 7 and 8 inches screen size. All the three size comes with similar specifications. Almost all them offer you 1280 x 800 pixels of maximum screen resolution. The screen output quality is much better here. I had seen a common configuration among the internal hardware. They are powered by quad-core chipset where the cpu runs at 1.2 GHz. Ram is pushed to 1.5 GB and the storage is 16GB or 8GB depending on the version. There is a microSD option to expand the storage. A difference lies in the batteries other than screen size. There is a 6.800mAh in the 10.1-inch model while the 8inch and lower one goes with 4.450mAh. The tabs are having similar camera sensors.
All of them will come pack with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat operating system. And you will also have amazing customization layer. Samsung is going to add a improved version of TouchWiz on the same. This extra features are amazing and also include multi-window support. Today I am going to show you how you can root the tablet. Through rooting you can take extra benefit from the hardware. But remember being a unofficial method you will lose the warranty.
- Backup your entire tablet data. Rooting requires to reset the firmware which can brick device if not done properly. So the first thing you have to do is backup your all important stuffs.
- Update the latest usb drivers on your windows system. You can install Samsung kies for the same.
- Go in Settings > Applications > Development and from there just enable USB debugging.
- Charge your tablet to maximum before moving ahead.
- Download Odin and save it on your desktop
- Download Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Rooting Package.
- Extract the content of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Rooting Package in a folder on your desktop. This rooting package comes with Odin which is the flash tool for Samsung.
- Just verify one that usb drivers are updated in your windows pc. You can connect the phone to your pc through usb cable by enabling usb debugging. If you don’t see new hardware wizard then it is updated.
- Disconnect the tablet and turn it off. You have start it in download mode. For that hold the volume down + home key or center key. The phone will start in download mode. You can use the volume up key to start it in download mode.
- Once it is in download mode you have to connect the tablet to the pc through original usb cable. Just connect it and in Odin see the ID: Com section. This part will turn to yellow. This indicate tablet is connected.
- Now click no pda button and choose the tar file. This is the firmware file.
- Once done click on Start. The update process will being and wait back.
- At the end if everything goes well you will get a message that the device is updated.
- Now to verify just add Root checker app and see whether it is rooted or not.