Installing Android 4.4.4. Kitkat on LG G Pad 8.3
LG G Pad 8 is a high end tablet that comes with amazing 8.3” FHD Display. And above that it is also powered by Quad-Core Processor which simply meals multitasking more efficient. You can run various apps and games on the same and the tablet works really smooth. It does not lag or freeze or provide you any hard time editing you files. Being a 8.3inch screen tablet you have ample of space to work and enjoy the best multimedia experience. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 1.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor with 2GB ram. It has a 16 GB internal storage. The overall hardware configuration of this tablet is amazing. The tablet runs on Android 4.4.2, KitKat operating system and yet it has not received new upcoming updates.
But there is a way through which we can install the latest Android 4.4.4. Kitkat on the same. We are going to use a ota file here. LG has ready released a OTA update for the tablet. If you had not received then there is a manual way of installing the same. But this process only works on those tablet which are not rooted. If you had rooted you have to unroot the same.
The process is simple and effective. New update will improve the output more and add extra features.So let’s move ahead with installation.
- Charge the tablet to maximum before moving ahead. Don’t attempt to install the update if your tablet is low on battery. This can brick the device.
- For safety purpose it is good if you can backup your tablet data. You can do this by many third party program.
- Check the rooting status of your tablet. There are ample of apps on Google Play. It must be un-rooted or else the process will not work.
- You will have to update the latest USB drivers in your system before moving ahead.
- Go in setting and tap on developer options. Just enable usb debugging from there.
- Before moving ahead enable Android ADB on your windows pc. We are going to use the fastboot commands here, for which it is very important to have the latest usb drivers.
- Download Android 4.4.4. Kitkat OTA Update File
- Extract the content of android adb in a folder. Keep it on your desktop.
- Then extract the content of ota update file which you had downloaded and move that inside the adb folder. Rename it update.zip.
- Connect the tablet to your pc through original usb cable.
- Go in the adb folder and hold shift. Then press right click and choose open command window.
- Type adb devices and hit enter. This will show you the list of devices connected.
- Then type adb reboot recovery and hit enter. On the tablet you will see a exclamation mark. Chose volume up and leave it. The phone will start in recovery mode.
- You have to use the volume key to choose update from adb. Power button is to select.
- The last command you have to type is adb side load update.zip and hit enter.
- Wait back for some time until the process is over.
That’s it. Now you can check the About Device or the features. You must see Android 4.4.4 Kitkat running on the tab.