Sony already started rolling Android 4.2 updates for International version of Xperia Z smartphones about a week ago. Finally the firmware reached for Indian users as well. We received the update notification today evening. The new firmware can be available in both ways, Over-the-Air (OTA) or using the PC Companion (Sony PC Suite). It is 172.MB in size and brings several new features.
Major feature lists are as follows:
- Quick Settings in the Navigation Bar. This can be customized according to your preference.
- Added new widgets for desktop.
- Widgets can be added on the Lock Screen as well
- Improved My Xperia application that helps you locate or wipe out the device if stolen.
- Now the device supports more than 64GB MicroSD card.
Apart from this there are several other new features added such as “Small Apps” widget, new multitask menu, DualShock 3 wireless controller support, DayDream, etc. We will soon post the complete feature list of Xperia Z running on Android 4.2.2. If you are a Xperia Z holder, connect your phone over WiFi and install the update. Alternatively launch PC Companion on your computer and install to get more on your waterproof smartphone.