VPN Protect You on Public Wi-Fi: Here is How
Every owner of a smartphone or a PC needs to stay online around the clock. Therefore, open Wi-Fi channels offer an excellent solution for those who travel frequently. But are you sure that the network you are using is secure enough to transfer personal data?
Open Wi-Fi networks are the easiest target for hackers. Many of them don’t use even the simplest encryption systems, so they have lots of vulnerabilities. If your provider doesn’t think about your security, do it yourself. A quality VPN service will help. It is a reliable and secure way to protect your devices.
All traffic used will go through the tunnel with several encryption levels. This will lead to difficulties in decryption or interception of data. Apps used to connect to open networks use strong encryption methods. Always use a VPN service to connect to Wi-Fi when you are not at home.
The risks of public Wi-Fi networks
The first thing an attacker can get hold of if there is no reliable level of security in open networks is confidential information. It includes: login and email password, bank card details, personal photos or videos, home address.
When you are connected to a network without a special VPN wifi service, cybercriminals can freely access any information stored on your device. For this, hackers use various methods:
- Attack of the “evil twin”. The point of the method is as follows: an attacker replaces a valid network with a fake one. When you connect to it, all your information comes to the hands of a fraudster, and you don’t even notice that the Wi-Fi is fake.
- When connected to an unsecured network, your device may have virus-laden software installed. It will damage its system and reduce bandwidth.
- “Man in the middle” attack. The hacker’s device is placed in the middle – the fraudster wedges to the connection between you and the Internet access point. You don’t notice this, but the cybercriminal controls your activity and traffic and can easily direct you to fake websites. There you will maybe enter your personal data that will be stolen and used by hackers.
- WiFi sniffing. Using special software, a hacker will study data packets that pass over an open network.
If you use a VPN app, you won’t be exposed to the attacks listed above. Available encryption protocols protect information on the network from attackers. A hacker will be able to see that you are online but will not intercept any of your data.
How to stop hackers from stealing your data on public Wi-Fi with VPN
Adopt useful information to prevent unauthorized access to your data. After examining the possible risks, you will learn how to secure your connection. In order to not worry about data leaks, follow these guidelines:
- Don’t use automatic connection to open networks. Otherwise, your phone will automatically connect to a Wi-Fi, while it may turn out to be fake.
- When connecting to public networks, check with the employees of the Wi-Fi provider for the exact name of the network in advance. This will help prevent connecting to malicious networks.
- Try not to log in using your personal data (login and password). If hackers use wi-fi sniffing, your confidential data is more likely to be stolen.
- Check your firewall settings and don’t allow file and folder sharing on your device. If you don’t follow these rules, it can lead to unpredictable and unpleasant consequences.
- Use a valid antivirus to regularly check files on your device.
- Install a VPN application.
The use of a VPN is very important for the secure connection to open Wi-Fi channels. But it can be quite difficult to choose the right VPN. Service providers offer their own software, which differs in functions and quality of connection to servers for secure access. There may also be a limit on the speed of network access.
The best option is virtual private network most reliable VPN. Our program provides reliable and efficient access to various networks. Complex algorithms IKEv2 (UDP / TCP) are used to encrypt customers’ data.
When you are using this VPN in an open network, providers will not be able to detect and suspend your traffic, and no one will know your real IP address. You can even visit sites that are banned in your region. Connecting to a network from another country easily solves access denial problems.
The program provides stable Internet access due to the use of many cloud servers. You will be able to access a lot of Internet points with passwords in any country. This function is available in over 220 countries worldwide. You will be able to connect to the Internet and surf the web regardless of your current location.
The VPN app allows you to connect to a hotspot safely and without spending extra money. Blocked sites will become available, and you will get access to a huge amount of information for free. Register in the program or use it without registration for a limited period of time.
All that remains is to go to zorrovpn.io to enjoy secure access to open networks.