Xiaomi Mi3 is a very popular smartphone from Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi. There are many reasons to make it so popular that includes its powerful specifications, cheap price and of course its own custom UI. But there are few people who didn’t like the UI and asked for some customization. So, today I am going to show you the process through which you can install Cyanogenmod 11 on the same.
This is not just limited to the bootloader. It will be the entire ROM with custom recovery and many extra features. If you are bored with your existing device ROM then you can try out this guide with Cyanogenmod 11 on the same and get more features.
Remember, this process requires rooting and flashing factory rom. This is going to wipe your entire phone data and also void the warranty. Also if you do any mistake in following this guide then there are chances that the device can get bricked. So do this carefully and on your own risk.
- You must start with data backup first. Backup all your files and save them somewhere safe on your computer. You can use the Official Xiaomi PC Suite for the same.
- Charge your phone to atleast 70%. Never ever move ahead if the battery is low or else phone can be bricked if it drains out during the process.
- You will need to Root your Xiaomi phone first. You can follow this guide for Rooting Xiaomi Mi3. Without rooting we cannot flash the ROM. Verify your rooting status by Root checker app.
- Install the latest Xiaomi USB Driver on your Windows computer. You have to go in Device Manager and verify that ADB and fastboot is configured. In case if there is any bricking issue then we can use this for restoration.
- Download Cyanogenmod 11 ROM for Xiaomi Mi3.
- Once you are ready will all above stuffs, go into phone settings and tap on “About Phone”.
- Now continuously tap on Build number for about 7 times to turn on Developer options.
- From Developer option, Enable USB debugging.
- Before moving ahead you have to simply Reset your device to Factory settings (Make sure you took the backup before doing this).
- Now you will need to copy the Custom ROM in internal storage of mobile.
- Once you are done with that, tap on Settings and tap on Updater.
- You will be asked to choose a update package. This one will help you to install custom recovery if you had not installed TWRP or CWM on the same.
- Select the Custom ROMs zip file that you had copied in the phone. And apply the same.
- The device will reboot and boot in the custom recovery like CWM.
- From there choose install from Zip card.
- Navigate and choose the zip bootloader file and done.
Now wait for few minutes and let the process complete properly. Don’t do anything. Once done, restart the phone and enjoy CyanogenMod 11 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi3.