As promised, OnePlus today officially launched their next, OnePlus X smartphone starting at Rs. 16,999. It has been in rumors since a long time now. Usually OnePlus devices use to be called a Flagship killer, but to OnePlus X, we can only call Powerfully Beautiful since the specification it brings are already available with several other smartphones.
OnePlus X will be manufactured in India only at the Foxconn’s Sri City facility located in Andhra Pradesh. There will be two variants of OnePlus X, that is Onyx version priced at Rs. 16,999, and Ceramic version priced at Rs. 22,999. Remember that the Ceramic version Limited to 10,000 units only.
Talking about the availability, OnePlus X Onyx version will go on sale starting November 5th via Invite only on Amazon.in. While the OnePlus X Ceramic version will be available from November 24th via Ceramic-specific Invite from Amazon at the said price of Rs. 16,999 and Rs. 22,999 respectively.
The new OnePlus X features a 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and offers 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. It comes out of the box running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.1 and supports Hybrid Dual (nano + nano) SIM. OnePlus has powered up the device with 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor paired up by 3GB of RAM and Adreno 330 GPU making it a mini beast in performance as well as multitasking. As per storage, OnePlus X has internal 16GB storage memory that can be expanded further upto 128GB using microSD card.
OnePlus X sports a 13 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, ISOCELL 32M sensor, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture supporting videos up to 1080p. There is also an 8 Megapixel front-facing shooter with OV8858 sensor, wide-angle lens and f/2.4 aperture. This is actually a Selfie shooter. The phone also supports 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. Oneplus is running OnePlus X at 2525mAh built-in battery.
OnePlus X specifications:
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Oxygen OS 2.1
- Hybrid Dual (nano + nano) SIM
- 5 inch Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 16GB internal storage memory, expandable up to 128GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, ISOCELL 32M sensor, PDAF and f/2.2 aperture
- 1080p video recording,
- 8 Megapixel front-facing camera with OV8858 sensor, wide-angle lens and f/2.4 aperture
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2525mAh built-in battery