Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note Prime smartphone in India, as it was teased on Amazon last week. Priced at Rs. 8,499, it comes in only White color and will be available from tomorrow morning, December 15th via Amazon.in and Mi.com. Redmi Note Prime was a surprise launch because everybody was expecting Redmi Note 2 Prime that was launched in China back in August.
Talking about the phone, the new Redmi Note Prime sports a 5.5 inch HD IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle and offers 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It is a Dual SIM smartphone running on Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 7. Xiaomi has powered the phone with 2GB LPDDR3 RAM paired up with 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor and Adreno 306 GPU. The processing powered seems pretty good at such price range.
In photography section, Redmi Note Prime has a 13 Megapixel primary camera with LED Flash and f/2.2 aperture allowing you to capture high quality pictures as well as Full HD 1080p videos. For selfies fans, the phone carries a 5 Megapixel shooter at front. As per storage, it has 16GB on-board storage memory supporting MicroSD card up to 32GB. This is a 4G LTE enabled smartphone supporting other standard connectivity features such as 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS. The phone is backed up with 3100mAh removable battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime Specifications:
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 7
- Dual SIM
- 5.5 inch HD IPS display with 178-degree viewing angle
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 16GB internal storage memory, Expandable up to 32GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash and f/2.2 aperture
- 1080p video recording
- 5 Megapixel front-facing camera
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS
- 3100mAh removable battery